Friday, September 24, 2010

Last Free Friday

Today was my last free weekday before starting my next fieldwork site. I spent quite a bit of the day taking care of things around my apartment and doing work for school. My personal favorite accomplishment of the day is FINALLY finishing my coasters (or "project" as Colton would say). They look great and are ready for use thanks to Colton's artwork.
I still need to pack for my trip tomorrow but considering I will be spending most of my time in a bathing suit, I don't think too much packing is actually necessary (I say that now, but we'll see how much stuff I actually end up bringing since anyone who has ever seen me pack knows I can be a little - and I say a little loosely - over the top when it comes to packing). 
I'm starting to feel a little more nervous about starting at CCF on Monday, but I know I just need to jump in and do my best. I'm excited to be at such a large organization and to learn about anything and everything I can there.

As for Ohio, I'm pretty pleased so far. I've learned a few things so far - like there actually are places that have MORE construction and WORSE roads than Western NY. I also already "got a guy" who takes care of me and my car - actually, I have 2 guys - one at Nissan who sent me somewhere else, and Chuck the guy who actually fixed it for me (ok, he just works the desk, but still, he was the one I talked to).
Some things I still need to learn include where to throw away my trash and where I can find a decent coffee shop...

1 comment:

  1. You didn't embarrass yourself packing at all. Good job! :) Miss you already! And, FYI, Colton would call it a "pah-ject." <3 Elis

    ReplyDelete